Saturday, July 30, 2005

inspiring myself

I have this really unique mix of influences with which I was blessed. My parents are super open and understanding, music enthusiasts, former drug users, and passionate about the things they believe in or enjoy thoroughly. The music in my house shaped my childhood...when I hear certain artists or songs I am reminded of good times (and bad) in my parent's home. It is rich and deep. I remember asking my dad when I was young "Daddy, why would you want to be a friend of the devil?" Now, I am sure that there were many things that he recalled then and couldn't tell me.

I have exposure to this less responsible (than most suburban parents), more hedonistic lifestyle, but they also gave me conservativism, libertarianism. Taking responsibility for your own actions (something I have yet to do - the ever lurking hyposcrisy between our beliefs and our actions).

Comments:
miss you
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?