Friday, February 24, 2006

Marching for community improvement in Bhopal

hell yeah for citizens demanding protection. I pray for an even more rapid invasion of the business world with corporate volunteering, a movement which must be the most effective way that Americans can help developing countries. I will be shocked if my contemporaries and those slightly younger and older than me do not end up enacting serious positive change for people in places where citizens never have a chance to receive basic nutrition. Of course the answer is not in government aid to struggling countries, from the US or anywhere else...but is largely the job of people here to use their wealth to help the situation of others.

Many of my peers and myself tend towards anti-consumerism. I definitely think that...
-Americans use too much energy...cooling a giant office building so that a few hundred people can wear 3 piece business suits in the summer? driving individual cars everywhere? no practical biking roads in many cities...driving the SUV 10 minutes to run in place at the gym? however, this is not the fault of the large automobile manufacturers or the oil companies. The choice at the register is the consumers. So spread the words not to consume.



America is vast and relatively free. Say what you will about government restrictions on what occurs in our lives, but I am a firm believer that anyone in

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?