Thursday, February 02, 2006

"Too much water for grass"

from today's Stanford Daily Letters to the Editor

--"I laughed to myself when I read your editorial encouraging students to use less water and electricity (“University should do more to conserve energy,” Jan. 31). Don’t get me wrong, I fully support energy conservation, but take a look around campus. Those lovely green patches of grass require a lot of water to stay in their current oh-so-lovely crabgrass-ridden state. How about planting native plants or using rock gardens, as they do in many drier parts of the country? Yes, it is rainy in the winter, but for the other nine months, it’s sunny and extremely dry here. Perhaps if the University itself decides to be more frugal with its water usage, then administrators can urge students to do so as well."


Yi Shi

Junior, Art History and Mathematics--

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?